April 13, 2011

I've been FRAMED

New obsessions=old vintage frames. I get sucked into every blog I see that has painted a frame with cool details. I'm running out of space on the walls in my room for any big, huge, chunky frames....one day that will not be a problem, but for now I have to be patient and do what I can.

While on a D.I run with my bro (he was looking for a guitar...no luck), I scored 2 of these babies for $2.00....

I said in a whisper, but almost out loud..." No way! Score! These are mine" I was so excited! I had to look around to make sure no one saw how enthusiastically I grabbed them off the self. I actually like the brassy color and if that was the look I was going for I would have actually left them as is. I decided to paint one deep purple and the other one white. I haven't done the white one yet, but here is Miss Purple in all her glory..


 I wanted to give her a glazed look to bring out the details. I used a metallic silver acrylic paint. After I spray painted the frame purple I basically just painted on the metallic paint making sure to get it in all the crevasses and then just wiped the excess paint off until I had the look I wanted.




She is B-U-TIFUL! I can't wait to see how the white one will turn out. I'm going to glaze it as well, but wait until you see how! I'm super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment