September 18, 2011

Harry Potter Shirts/Memories

I still can't believe it's all over! Harry Potter has been apart of our lives for so long. Yes, I'm a fan. Yes, I've read every book multiple times, seen every movie and cried through almost the entire last movie. I have a crush on Ron Weasley, and WILL go to Harry Potter land some day.

As a Harry Potter fan it was my duty to make something festive for the occasion.  This is what conjured up with a little bit o' magic.



I used my wand Silhouette to create this. I cut the image out on freezer paper, then ironed it onto my shirt as a stencil. I decided to use glitter instead of paint to make it look all magical. I used the freezer paper stenciling technique. There are a lot of good tutorials out there for freezer paper stenciling if you don't know how to do it. I bought this Tulip Glitter Bond to apply the glitter.

Basically I just rubbed the bond onto the shirt making sure to get it all even, then sprinkled away with my glitter. I peeled off the stencil as soon as I was done and it came off really well, no cracking or peeling of the design. It was kinda of a big huge giant bogey to do. Some of the writing was really detailed and it was a pain to peel off the stencil around those parts, but so worth it in the end.

 Hailey got her and I some Harry Potter glasses and wands! She had Hermione's (until she lost it at the movie theater) and I have Ron's. Here's when we got home, one lost wand later.




Here is a close up:



We love you Harry! Thanks for so many magical memories! Our true home will always be Hogwarts as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment