April 13, 2011

Thrift Store Chalkboard

While strolling through the D.I one day I came upon this "beautiful" tray. Ha! Not! I thought wow that is one ugly tray and I have got to have it, for $1 I wasn't really breaking the bank.

I again got ahead of myself and painted it before I got the pic taken. Just to paint the picture for you of what it looked like before, it was dark wood with bright purple, blue, red, pink, orange and green painted flowers and other designs. It's something that you would probably have someone in Tijuana try to sell you for like 30 bucks. You can kind of see through the paint if you squint really hard 


Can you see it now?  You get the idea. ..right?! Now unsquint (yep that's a word..) your eyes and this is how it turned out!



I primed it and them sprayed it with chalkboard paint. After it was dry I painted the back and around the edge. This is one of my favorite quotes and something I have to constantly remind myself to do! I love that it is in a place where I can always see it and be reminded to enjoy this journey that I'm on.

No comments:

Post a Comment