April 13, 2011

Marvelous Musical Master McCall M!

I finally found a letter M that I love! I have been looking FOREVER for one. Seriously. Every time I go to a craft store I check out the letter sections and every. single. time. I get disappointed with the same old letters. I always like all the other letters, but my name has to start with an M and they always make them so boring. Not on this little trip to Hobby Lobby. I've seen these letters before but I guess I just needed the inspiration to see it differently...or because it was finally 50% off! Yay! Thanks Hobby Lobby!!



Sorry I got ahead of myself, so you get s sneak peek of what I did with it. As you can see I decided to mod podge piano paper. I scanned some of my favorite songs and printed them out. I edited it to an antique setting, which I loved what it did to the paper. So I had a little mishap after I bought it. You can slightly see me glue job up yonder. I accidentally stepped on it and crack....


 
No worries... I used my gorilla glue and kissed it better! Moving on. Here's how she turned out!


I ripped the paper into strips to help make smoother lines when I mod podged it. Then I lathered the mod podge on...you know the process. I googled how to make the rose swirly flowers and followed a tutorial I found....no clue where, but if you don't know how you can find a bunch of 'how to's" out there. I like how it turned out. It was a super fast little project too.  So as the title says this letter M is marvelous, musical and for me Miss Master McCall!

No comments:

Post a Comment