September 18, 2011

New Shoes!

If you know me, you know I LOVE shoes. I now love to dye shoes too! This project was seriously so much fun. I found this idea on Sweet Verbena. I followed her directions and it was easy peasy. My favorite part was that I was pretty much cooking my shoes with color.


I used this dye for these shoes.


Once I got the dyeing game down, I decided I wanted to have some cute wedges too. I had seen these coral TOMS wedges this summer and thought they were ADORABLE, with a not so adorable price tag.


I was excited when I went to look for the tennis shoes and found some white wedges. I found both pair of shoes at Payless.




 I think they are just as cute if not cuter than the TOMS. Go team thrifty! $15 compared to $70!  It took me awhile to get the right coral color. ( We now have a few (like 5 towels) that are various shades of orange at my house.) Someone had to take one for the team! I used Rit Petal Pink and Lemon Yellow at a 3:1 ratio. I get a ton of compliments on these ones.

 I think I'm going to go and dye shoes in every color now!

No comments:

Post a Comment