September 11, 2011

We Will Never Forget

I'm so grateful on this day of remembrance to be an American. I'm thankful to live in a land of freedom and opportunity. I have been so touched by all the stories I have heard in the last few days.

I was able to go to ground zero in 2008. I didn't get to see much as it was all blocked off. There was a lot of construction still going on. It had such a sad feeling about it. I knew I was on hallowed ground. This was the best shot I could get.

I looked up and saw this flag. I couldn't take my eyes away from it. I found it very touching and it was such a reminder of all that happened that day. At the same time, it is symbolizes that through it all we are still standing and fighting together.


I'm so grateful to all those that have and do sacrifice their time and even their lives for our country. I have so much respect for those that so selflessly helped on that day. They are and always will be heroes. To all those that lost their lives that day. We will never forget!

 I love this picture. They set up 2,753 empty chairs for each life lost in New York on 9/11.

I'm thankful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to live in such a great country. I'm proud to be an American!

 Source

No comments:

Post a Comment