March 2, 2011

Jewelry Hanger

 I bought this magnet board at Roberts with the idea to turn it into a picture board and it ended up sitting in my room for over a year. It just never seemed right to use it for pictures. I have a bazillion frames around and I already have one magnet board filled with pictures. Then one day...lightbulb! It hit me. I could use it for all my necklaces and bracelets. I feel bad that I buy all this fun jewelry and it sits untouched because I forget that its there. It took me awhile to track everything down and get it to turn into the picture in my mind. I really love it!




I painted it black and went to the Hob Lob to find some paper. I wanted something classy. I found this black velvet glittery paper and fell in love. I measured and cut it to go on the end. I found the 2 hooks that the bracelets are on at the Hob Lob as well. They have a lacey design and look like this....


So cute! I then made each of the "hooks" for the necklaces. I had some clear and black stones left over from other projects. I found some treasures lying around the house to decorate them up. I made sure to get a stronger magnet to go on the back or else it wouldn't hold as many necklaces and just slowly slid off the board. Here's what each of them look like...



I played off the other hooks and put real lace under the left one.


I went through some old magazines and cut out pictures of jewelry. These were the winners!

I feel like I have my own jewelry store and can go shopping each day for what to wear! 

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea! I have been looking for something like this! I love the lace knobs. so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete